Monday, October 2, 2017

Week 10 - Pereira Week 4 - General Conference Week

Q&A

Q: What do you have planned for today?
A: We are going to visit my companions last area and "His" family's house

Q: How is the language going?
A: I'm still learning poquito por poquito.

Q: How is the mission going?
A: It is super fun, I am very happy! There is never a break, we work super hard and the Lord has blessed us.

Q: New words that you have learned this week?
A: Cascada = Waterfall; Caer - Fall; Finca = Farm; Ayer = Yesterday; Enojar = Angry; Conducir = To drive; Bacon = Tocino; Bacon = Tocino; Bacon = Tocino; haha!!!

Q: Favorite scripture study that you have had?
A: If you love me keep my commandments.

Q: How our your investigators?
A: Great they all came to church on Sunday!

Q: Are you eating well?
A: The rice is destroying me, I am so done with rice, rice and more rice. Thanks for the Domino's pizza, that made my day! I have made macaroni and cheese 4 times this week!

Q: Did you buy a new backpack?
A: Not yet, my companion came in clutch this week and sewed mine back up, so I'm still using it.

Q: Did you get our package yet?
A: Not yet, I probably won't get it till the 20th of October

Q: What was that picture that you sent us with your hand, we couldn't tell?
A: Toilet paper roll, I had a little issue because I ran out of toilet paper! hahaha.

Q: What do you have planned for your birthday next week?
A: My companion said we can do whatever I want, so we are going to go to the waterfall, then we are going to go to Gauchos (The restaurant that dad recommend).

WEEKLY RECAP

So first off General Conference was awesome, I think its the first one I haven't fallen sleep! I even took a bunch of notes, you all would be proud. We were able to watch it in a separate room in English so that was nice! It was sad to hear that E. Hales passed away 🙇 My favorite talk was by President Henry B. Eyring, it really talked to me. I liked Pres Uchtdorf's quote "Swimming upstream when needed" meaning sometimes you need to go upstream against the current, because if you go with the flow downstream you could end up going off like a huge waterfall. We heard all about the storms in Texas and Florida, and how people are serving there. I liked the talk by Russel M. Nelson and talking to the tribe guy and how his translator was prepared with a Book of Mormon to give him. That is super important, that we are always prepared to share the gospel especially having a Book of Mormon to give someone because we never will know when the Lord will put someone in our path. One tender mercy I noticed was the great breakfast I had for conference morning on Sunday. I bought some muffins and milk and they tasted just like the Magdalenas at Yaya and Yayo's house (Grandparents from Spain, that I really miss seeing), while eating the muffins I felt like I was in heaven!

Another tender mercy happened after conference when we went to visit a family to have Family Home Evening. I love visiting this family, it reminds me of visiting Grandma and Grandpa's (US Grandparents) house (I really miss them!!!!). Anyways they are like the same age as Grandma and Grandpa, and she feeds us really good like grandma, and she tries to make me happy by giving me really good food, she just knows what I like. Her husband reminds me of Grandpa with all of his stories he tells and his jokes he tells. It almost feels like being at Grandma and Grandpas house. They are recent members, only like a month, but I love going there!

So, I was talking to E. Cottam, he said Pereira is the best part of the mission, that it has the best missionary apartments. He told me to enjoy it, because on the coast it is hot and the members feed you twice as much rice. Please pray for me that I don't get sent to the coast! Quick funny story; E. Cottam bought a machete when he was on the coast, so today as we went walking in the jungle we found these purple bananas so we cut them off to take home. As we were walking I had the machete and he started throwing the bananas up in the air and I started playing fruit ninja except it was live and not a game on my phone. It was awesome, the bananas when split open were like white sparkly crystals. 

All of our investigators are doing awesome, we are working super hard and the Lord has blessed us. It is nice to see the Lord's hand in the work, as long as we are doing our part he will do his! We still have our ups and downs, but it is awesome to be teaching the people here in Pereira!

It was a great week,

Love you all,

Elder Moore

Painting the lady that I talked to last weeks house

This ain't no bull!

I could see myself eating some of these with RICE!

Not sure if these are investigators or members - DAD

Not sure if these are investigators or members - DAD

The TRUTH!

Thank you guys for buying me Domino's, at least it was one meal without rice


Our short little climb to the top to talk to the families we are teaching

My new friend who accepted the Gospel

He is ready to become a missionary!

New word I learned this week, Dilema = Running out of toilet paper

Me and E. Castillos traveling to his old area to visit "his" family


No comments:

Post a Comment