Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 09 - Pereira Week 3 - Baptism

Q&A

Q: How is the food, have you become used to it?
A: I am trying to, I don't think I will ever get used to eating all this rice! I usually cook some eggs and bacon for breakfast, and then I eat too much pastries and bread at the bakeries

Q: How is the language going? Do you teach a lot during the discussions?
A: Not a ton, I speak a lot before and after, I understand it though. Its on and off thing speaking Spanish, it's a process.

Q: How is the work going?
A: It has its ups and downs, it is like a roller-coaster

Q: New words that you have learned this week?
A: I don't remember, I just learn them, but I don't remember what I learned<

Q: Favorite scripture study that you have had?
A: I read a lot in Alma this week, really enjoyed it

Q: Our you enjoying and loving your mission?
A: Yes, I am really learning a lot out here and I am loving it

Q: Have you eaten at Barro's oops sorry I mean Domino's Pizza?
A: :(((((((((((( I miss Barro's so much, E. Dawson and I were talking about it, he is also from Arizona

Q: How is the weather is it cold or hot?
A: It's either nice weather or it rains on us hard, I am so glad I have the jacket you bought, thank you so much its a life saver.

Q: How are you sleeping?
A: I get cramps during the night from walking so much, but I am starting to get use to them

WEEKLY RECAP


So on Tuesday, I talked to this guy on the hill as we were heading to the Tokio neighborhood, we taught him a little and now we have a time set up to teach him tomorrow. Later that night we taught some awesome families. Then we went to Margarita neighborhood and taught Jessica and her family. JT we used the object lesson you taught me with the knives on the cups. On Wednesday we had soup and meat with one of our ward families.I bought a bunch of bananas for my leg cramps. We do a lot of walking going up and down hills and steps. Since my comp is new to the area we do a lot of walking trying to find places. We talked to the guy I met up on the hill, it was good. Then we went up another hill that missionaries haven't been to in a while. There was a few people that were like, its been a long time since missionaries have been up here, and they wanted to be taught. So we scheduled for lessons and service. We offered to paint their house, and help her friend with a roof issue. We ended up teaching a few more families that night. We were walking down the street and we say some Jehovah Witnesses (JW) on the other side, just as they saw us, a group of people stopped us and started talking to us and asking questions. It was awesome. I overheard a young boy from the JWs asked his mom, "Why isn't it that easy for us, why can't people come up and talk to us?". I almost started laughing out loud LOL. The group that stopped us setup an appointment to teach them. We taught some more lessons in Veracruz, I did most of the teaching and I think they understood me. All of this walking is making my legs hurt and cramp up at night. We had a great FHE with a family. Then on Thursday we went and taught Jessica, and thy have these really cute cat, I found out that I am allergic to cats. Then we taught this other family and I talked to the husband and joked around with him, he is not interested in the church, but I have built a good relationship with him, that he likes us coming around. On Friday we taught a bunch more lessons. We also ran into theses kids and they were playing mind craft. Anyway he was like hey I went to church and you didn't say hi to me. I was like I didn't even know you were there. A lot of the people here want to be invited to the church because they think it is really cool looking. So we ended up teaching him and his two friends. Then on Saturday we had some baptisms, it was awesome. I got to baptize Junior Andres, it was super hard because the baptismal font didn't fill all the way and the water was like only to my knees. So it was a little difficult. On Sunday we had a good amount of investigators at church and it was a good day. Then on Monday we went to go look for this huge waterfall, however after traveling we found out it was another 2 hour hike. So we just took pictures down by the river, and E. Dawson dropped his camera in the water, and we couldn't find it. We looked and looked, finally he was like its whatever, I'm leaving in a few weeks.

It was a great week,

Love you all,

Elder Moore

The Two Young Men that were Baptized

My little cat friend, who I am allergic to

Walking to Tokio Neighborhood

Living and Loving it here in Colombia

Los Gringos

Me and E. Dawson

Los Gringos in Colombia

1 comment:

  1. Hola Justin soy la tita. Que tal estas. Ya sabemos que la comida no es muy buena... Un besito de los yayos y las primas

    ReplyDelete