Monday, September 11, 2017

Week 07 - First week in the Field

Hola Familia,

Arrival Info

Well I am finally out in the field. I am in Pereira, Colombia, which is down on the bottom south of our mission. Our mission is divided mainly into three areas; The Medellin Area - which is the center of our mission and consists of Medellin and all the suburbs, The Southern Area - where I am located right now, and The Northern or Coast Area - which is on the Atlantic ocean side  (Caribbean Sea) up by Panama. My Companion is E. Castillo (Castle) from Peru and he has been out 13 months. He is always smiling and happy and is a hard worker and has been helping me out a lot, and he is training me really good. He is super nice and we get a long good. We are serving in both Los Aples Ward and Lago 1st Ward. Our area is like a gigantic backwards big letter C.

So let's rewind to the day we got here in Medellin. It was super cool, they had this music playing and a bunch of missionaries welcomed us to the Mission. Then we met President Calderon and his wife. He is super cool, they are also from Peru. We took some group pictures and had some fun. Then it was time to find out who our companions were. It was awesome! It kind of had like a game show feel to it and they had music playing and you were trying to figure out who your companion was going to be and where you were going. It was a great day and we finished it off eating Domino's Pizza and Soda. What more could an new missionary want!

Sorry for the lack of audio's this week, this internet place is really old and slow, we will try to find one next week that hopefully has faster computers and internet connection.

RECAP of the Week

So E. Castillo and his previous companion really worked hard here and this week we got to go around and set a bunch of baptismal dates. There is this one group/family that we are teaching that started with just one investigator, Jessica, and now we are teaching a bunch of her relatives and their friends. I had to draw a picture so I could understand how they are all related and connected. It has been awesome teaching all of them. One night we were running late, and so we didn't want to be late getting back to our apartment so we started jogging. Anyways after a short while running down this hill I had a bit of an accident. I tripped and rolled and went down into this muddy area, needless to say my clothes especially my white shirt was very brown. I am trying to make it white again.

We are teaching this other new investigator family, Isabella and family. We just found them and we were able to meet with them twice and teach them the Plan of Salvation. We are also teaching them today and will probably start teaching them about The Restoration.

So today, our P-day, we went to down to our zone leader's area and went bowling. Our Zone Leader is E. Dawson and he is from Queen Creek, Arizona. He is super cool (like really legit) and he helps me a ton, he tells me what i need to do, and he is a ton of help.

So let me tell you a little about my area. Like I said it is a large backward letter C. It is broken up into urbanization or barrios. The bottom of our area is Tokio (Yes there is a lot of oriental names for barrios in my area). It is probably the most humble of the areas. A little farther north is Las Margaritas and that is where we are teaching Jessica and her family.

I love my mission so much, every day is an adventure and learning experience for me. We still eat rice every day and usually large fried bananas. We did go out a couple times this week to restaurants, and of course I ordered hamburgers both times. I am still young and learning the do's and don'ts of the mission. I am glad I am learning it now, it's nothing bad just the best way to use money, buy groceries, cleaning, cloth washing etc. I am happy to be out here and I am learning and growing a ton!

Miss you all and love you,

Elder Moore

Bus ride to airport
Pictures Colombian Style
Me and My Companion E. Castillos
Pres. Calderon and His Wife
Office Elder, Me, and My Companion
View from my apartment
Yes I can cook breakfast, egg-in-a-hole, toast, bacon (its crispy not burnt)
Teaching family and their tree
My plan of salvation drawing
Working with a member
Visiting a family

No comments:

Post a Comment