Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Week 2 - Changes in the CCM

Hello everyone, Elder Moore here. It was a fun week in the CCM!

Let me first talk about the food. Well, the food here is really good, we have eaten pizza, hamburgers, and a lot of fruits and fruit juices. One of the fruits we eat is super strange we’ve never seen it before so we named it alien fruit. It has a hard shell and has a bunch of seeds on it and you are supposed to suck on the seeds and spit them out. I normally wouldn’t have eaten this at home but it's alright a little. Another thing I have figured out is that the CCM has an infinite amount of rice and raisins. We still eat a lot of beans but nowhere near as much as we do rice and raisins. We have rice with all of our meals, and raisins they always find some way to mix in the food. They will mix it in with the rice, and one day we had pizza, I think they ran out of stuff for regular pizza so they started making fruit pizza and put raisins on it. I made sure to get the regular pizza before it ran out.

Well, some changes happened this week. I had been in a trio with E. Dumas and E. Justice, but I got switched because E. Sperry, who was companions with E. Macdonald, broke his foot while playing basketball during physical activity time. So now I’m companions with E. Macdonald. He is from Utah and did wrestling also (132 lbs) and he’s super cool. We get along really great! We were hanging out a lot before we were companions so I hope no one thinks we had anything to do with E. Sperry’s injury. When I was in the trio we were in a room with 7 others but it was honestly pretty big and was a nice room. When I got changed to be companions with E. Macdonald I had to change rooms and it’s smaller than the room I was in but still, has the same amount of people. It’s still really fun though because it is just us two and the other 6 are all from South America. They are all pretty crazy, but we get along really good.

On Saturday we went out with a missionary from the Bogota South mission who has been out for 20 months he is a really good missionary. He found like 10,000 pesos on the street and decided to go turn it into a store. Then we found this guy who the missionaries had been teaching and was going to get baptized, but then started working a ton and the missionaries lost contact with him. We were talking to him again in his home. His home was similar to the homes in Brazil. We talked with him and he talked about having to work a lot and missing church and that he still wants to get baptized so we helped him recommit to get baptized and go to church. It was really cool. One thing that was sort of hard was that we were fasting while we were out visiting people and there were a bunch of street vendors with really good food that they were selling but we couldn’t buy anything. It was really fun and I learned a lot, I really am excited to get out of the CCM and start teaching people.

I love Sundays, they are always really good and spiritual I enjoy the time we have to take the sacrament and hear all of the talks. During the week we have physical activity time for 1 hour and there's a bunch of different things we can do: soccer, basketball, volleyball, running, lifting weights, but my favorite has been four square. We have some pretty intense four-square games and sometimes the ball bounces over the wall of the CCM and then we ask people on the street for help to throw the ball over.

I’m learning a lot and am happy that I am out here. I really am enjoying this time in the CCM, but can’t wait to get out there and even if I have to learn by hard knocks for a little bit it is well worth it.

Love you,
Elder Moore

My new companion E. Macdonald

My new companion E. Macdonald

My new companion E. Macdonald

My District

Mean Game of Four-Square

No comments:

Post a Comment