Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Week 05 - One week left in the CCM

Questions and Answers

How is the Spanish going?
Little by little, I have actually learned a lot of new words this week. Yes, I wish I would have practiced speaking Spanish at home earlier (like 18 years of it). This one missionary who was born in Argentina but moved to Utah when he was really young was only in here 3 weeks because he was already fluent in Spanish.
What is the favorite food you have eaten?
We had pizza the other day and we had steak, but I need some A-1 steak sauce because their meat is really dry. We are still eating a ton of rice at every meal. I am getting used to the food, it's all right. I like the eggs both scrambled and boiled. Meat is good just dry. The pizza is always interesting.
Favorite scripture of the week?
Moses 1, because we are able to study and learn more about the Temple. I also studied 3 Nephi 24 about tithing, that was really good.
How do you feel?
I am really happy, but I just want to get out in the field. I know it is going to be hard at first, but I am ready to learn on the run. I know I will struggle but I think I will learn better out there than in here.


Weekly Recap

Live from the CCM for this week's recap. So we went out proselyting on Saturday with a missionary (E. Hawk) from the Bogota North mission, and it was awesome! I finally felt like I have a purpose here in Colombia. We went on a bus to get there, it was a little scary because the car next to us was leaking gas all over us, and I thought we might catch on fire. They gave us a small lunch and some snacks to take along. We went and visited the Mora family and the Rueda family and did a bunch of street contacts.As we walked all over Bogota I could definitely feel the elevation, it was a little tiring. During our street contacts, we meet some interesting people. I talked to this one guy who had a Pringles mustache, he was cool and gave us a phone number and name. I talked to another guy on a swing while it was raining. I talked to this guy selling illegal movies on the street. We heard about the Mayweather and McGregor fight, but it wasn't on anywhere we were at. Ate some awesome pastries. Went to another park and talked to this guy who was playing with these kids (they weren't his). We talked to this other guy who I felt really bad for, he was all alone, his dad left him when he was young, his mom just recently died, and his cat just ran away. It was so sad, I just wanted to give him a hug.

Went to the Mora's house and talked to them, the wife is learning English and was way cool. We taught them the restoration, thank you JT for teaching me the parable of the mirror. Those examples from missionary prep are very useful and I am so glad that I went and learned a bunch of them. When the husband found out we were going to Medellin on our mission he warned us to either keep our eyes up to the sky or down on the floor, because he said the girls are really cute there and we would fall in love with them. Hahaha. He said Medellin is way better than Bogota and that the people are nicer there and that we would love it there. He said they don't eat as much rice but eat more beans there. The wife made us some hot chocolate and bread to dip in.

We then went and visited the Rueda family and taught them about the restoration also. We (E. Macdonald and I) gave a blessing to some of the kids in the family. One of the boys got mugged and was injured a little. We also saw a Camaro, E. Hawk said that is the first one he has seen during his mission.

We have pizza Fridays, it is really good. Except if you are at the end of the line. They basically put whatever food they have left over for topping, like raisins, rice, pineapples, and mushrooms. I had one that looked good, but they hide the pineapple under the cheese so I couldn't see it. They have this alien fruit (dragon fruit) that is a little strange to eat, but it is interesting. It looks like a little alien with tentacles.

E. Dumas and E. Justice say Hi!

Love and miss all of you,

Elder Justin Moore






No comments:

Post a Comment