Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Week 01 - MTC or CCM

The Mission Training Center (MTC) or in Spanish CCM is awesome. I know it's only been a week but I love it here. So since we got here late I ended up in a trio with two other companions. The first one is E. Justice from Utah, and my other companion who is about the same size as me is E. Dumas from Indiana. E. Dumas is also going to Medellin. We get along great and we have a good group of missionaries in our district. One that is really cool is E. MacDonald who is also going to Medellin. We talked a lot on our way to the Bogota Temple and we will get along really well. E. Wright, the one from Arizona who I was with while we flew here is also going to Medellin, he reminds me of a lot of JT the way he talks and acts. My teachers are like MVPs they are so good, it's hard to describe but they are awesome. The temple here is awesome, it's probably my favorite temple, the bad news is it is going to be getting cleaned so it will be closed for a couple of weeks and we won't be able to go. Sunday was way cool, the CCM president spoke and the spirit was really strong. They ask all of the missionaries to write talks then they pick 4 of them to talk, kind of reminds me of the "Hunger Games." I didn't get picked they picked missionaries that were here for longer (the 3 weekers) and they all did really well.


So the language is going ok, I am doing mas o menos on the language. I understand most of the words and the conversations, it's just hard for me to say the words. I know what they are I just have a hard time saying them.The food is good, we have eaten pizza (although they put too much yeast), hamburgers, soups, and of course beans and rice. We have lots of fruits and fruit juice. We are the newbies, there is another group that has been here longer. So we wake up at 6:30 am, but I try to wake up at 6 am so I can do some pushups and situps because I feel like I'm getting fat because we are sitting all day in a class. It's not that cold here, it's like an Arizona Winter. We get to play volleyball, basketball, and soccer during exercise time. We also play four square and ping pong which is fun. I have found that reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish is way different, and you learn a lot of different things that I didn't know before.

Os Amo,

Elder Justin Moore


Email in the CCM, Elder Moore's Companion are to his right E. Justice and E. Dumas

No comments:

Post a Comment