Monday, March 26, 2018

Week 35 - Mar 26, 2018 (Planeta Rica - Week 5)

Well we were in Medellin for about a week and returned Friday night. My companion is doing better, but he still has to take it easy. The doctor told us for him to rest during the day and only to work at night. So that is what we are going to try and do. So my poor companion, we went to the hospital to go get his incision cleaned, and while we were there in the waiting room we got up to go talk to a nurse for like less than 5 minutes, when we went to sit back down, his wallet was stolen out of his backpack. The bad thing is that we had just got reimbursed for a bunch of the medical stuff and so he had more money than he normally does. We searched all over the hospital for it, but we couldn't find it. So that was the not a good thing, and so now we are back here in Planeta Rica and my companion doesn't have any money.

So my highlight of the week was going to pricesmart (Costco) with the mission credit card and restocking the kitchen in the office. Other then that I just helped out at the office, going through all of the apartment contracts and organizing and helping renew them. Went on the splits in the evenings with the office elders. Medellin is huge and has lots of hills. It has all of the American fast food places, so I had Burger King, it was so good!

One thing that I have really realized out here is how much you (my parents) truly do love me. As I have had a lot of time to read, and think, I have realized that you really do care so much for me and JT and that you both want the best for us. That you love us so much. You have always sacrificed a ton for us and have set a great example for us. I am so grateful that I was born into this family, I am very proud to have you as parents.

So we are able to go back to teaching and we taught a really good lesson to our neighbor. We went to church on Sunday and there wasn't a lot of people there. We need to get back to getting them out to church both members and investigators. We went out that night and found some really good new investigators.

So to add to all of our problems, our phones stopped working. The water hasn't worked in our house in the last few days, and it looks like the whole town is without electricity. So it is great being here in Planeta Rica, but at least the people here are super awesome and are great to teach.


Love all of you,

Ciao,

Elder Moore

E. Harbertson's incision 
It was a little infected

No comments:

Post a Comment