Monday, March 12, 2018

Week 33 - Mar 12, 2018 - Planeta Rica - Week 3

Well after a few days in the hospital, they let my companion leave Wednesday afternoon. However, he is still not to do any work for at least a week. So let me tell you what has gone on. When we got to the hospital one of our members that speaks English and Spanish was there and helped us out a ton. Then Sister Calderon (Presidents wife) arrived and everything went well with the surgery. I got to stay with my companion here at the Hospital, and lets just say they didn't like us sleeping, because every 15 minutes it felt as if someone would come into our room and turn on the light, not really do anything, and then leave, leaving the light on and the door open. It wakes up my companion all the time and he needs to rest. The first few days was pretty stressful in the hospital, I slept on the couch, and was able to travel with the zone leader to the house to shower and pick up things for me and my comp and return. Also with us in the hospital was Sister Fernanda, who is like our mother here in Planeta Rica, both her and President's wife made sure they took good care of us. We also have a member in the ward that just had his appendix taken out here so he has helped us out a bunch. I love the members here so much, they are awesome and have helped us out so much! The only down side of being in the hospital was everyone was either calling or coming by to check in on us. Like literally every 15 minutes we were talking to someone. Our dueno of our apartment is such a good guy, he came by a few times and made sure we were alright, and told us to call him if we needed anything. So most of our time in the hospital we spent watching church movies, so it was OK, but we were so glad to finally be able to leave and head home. I lost track of what day it was, but we finally got home and continued to watch church movies. Thursday I went with a member while his son stayed with my comp, and I bought a lot of stuff to clean and sterilize the house. I have been cleaning everything, I didn't realize how much stuff there is to clean and sterilize. I have learned a lot. I really have learned to appreciate everything that my mom did for me. She always had the house clean, and always went above and beyond when we were sick. I sure do wish she was here now! Staying in the house is difficult because we keep losing electricity in the whole city, and occasionally the water doesn't work. After spending the last few days in the hospital and now here in the house, I really miss going out and talking to the people and teaching lessons. At first we thought it was going to be 21 days, but my companion said we can start preaching in 7 days.

We can't really leave the house for the next few days, so the members have been great and have brought us a ton of food over. We have ate really well, and have had a lot of chicken. My companion is getting better, but it still hurts for him to walk around a lot, so he stays in bed for most of the time. I got to read the Book of Mormon and that was awesome to just sit and read and study the scriptures for a long time. The one good thing about us having to stay inside is that it has been raining a lot and we were already in the apartment so we didn't get wet. So we just have been reading, studying and chilling on the balcony.

Not a lot has happened, but my companion is recovering which is the most important thing.

Love all of you,

Ciao,

Elder Moore

The baptism right before E. Harbertson went to the hospital
The baptism right before E. Harbertson went to the hospital
The scar they left on my companion, I have been cleaning it really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment