Monday, June 4, 2018

Week 45 - June 4, 2018 (Planeta Rica - Week 15)

So this week we spent a lot of our time in Monteria. We went there on P-day to play soccer and practice a song that we are going to sing for the President's last mission tour. Somebody in our zone rewrote the words to the song "Until i see you again" that is in the movie Fast and Furious. Soccer was fun, I didn't do as good as I have done in the past. The missionaries from South America are pretty funny, they act like they get hit and fake it as if we have referees. Only in soccer. Then we went to the dentist and had our teeth cleaned. Then that afternoon we went home because we had appointments that we had to get to. We went by Joel and Joses house. Then we had to be in Monteria again on Tuesday. They told us last minute that the mission president was coming, which really is not good since we had our week fully planned out. Now we have to call everybody and tell them we are not going to be able to make our visits. They should at least give us a week in advance notice.

We were in Monteria on Tuesday and Wednesday for the meeting with president. Tuesday morning we came up with ideas for like a little comedy show/skit for president. We set up like he was doing an interview with missionaries and he was having flashbacks of his time he has been there as president. The conference was good, president talked a lot about tithing, repentance, and baptism. He also talked about us accepting the new president, you can tell he is worried that we won't be accepting to the new president ways of running the mission. We stayed at the Zone leaders apartment along with a bunch of other missionaries, one of them was really sick and I think he got a bunch of us in the house sick. I don't know if it was from him or from eating at McDonald's and eating to many hamburgers, but I got really sick and was throwing up and going to the bathroom a lot. On Thursday when we got back to Planeta Rica I was still sick and was running a fever and still throwing up. My companion finally made me go see the doctors at the clinic by our apartment. All they did was give me a IV and a shot, not exactly sure what it was but I don't think either one made me feel any better. We went to a few visits and I tried my best, but we had to come home so I could use the restroom. After a few of the visits we finally called it a night and went back home. I didn't get much sleep since I was getting up constantly to go the bathroom.

Still sick on Saturday and have really bad headache, I continue to not be able to keep anything down. I sure do miss my mommy right now to take care of me. We went out still and visited Joel and Jose and family Soto. We still have Joel and Jose set for baptism for next Sunday. Most of the rest of the day we stayed inside and I tried to get some sleep. My companion is super humble, he doesn't have a ton of missionary clothes, and today he took and gave a white shirt, pants, his only belt, and shoes to one of our investigators because he said he wanted to look like us when he went to church. All I was able to give him was a tie, since none of my cloth wouldn't fit him. My companion has taught me that the things of the world are not important, that the gospel is the most important.

I was still sick on Sunday, but we went to church and at the beginning we didn't have any investigators, we were a little sad. Then Jose and a bunch of his friends showed up and it was good, I think we ended up with like 12 investigators at church. We had to leave early though because I was still feeling sick, so we went home and stayed there most of the day.

Love you all, Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment