Monday, February 19, 2018

Week 30 - Feb 19, 2018 - Pereira Week 24

Q&A

Q: New words that you have learned this week?
A: Mandar rĂ¡pido paquetes

Q: Favorite food that you ate this week?
A: Turtle, JK just the normal rice and beans and meat

Q: What did you do for you P-Day
A: Transfers

WEEKLY RECAP

This whole week I was pretty positive I was going to be transferred out of here so I started packing up stuff and just getting ready for the next adventure. I kept thinking of where I would go. There is really on three major areas of our mission, South (Pereira), Center (Medellin), and Coast. So I am pretty sure I am probably going to the coast. I definitely have been here a long time, I have watched the building next to our apartment go from 3 floors all the way to 10 floors. I am kind of feeling two different ways, one I would like to stay because we have been super busy teaching some awesome people and have seen a lot of success. However, I would also like to go to a new place and just try some new things. I know everybody here and know the area really well, but either way I am excited to serve.

So a quick funny story, Wednesday was Ash Wednesday down here in Colombia, and everybody, I mean everybody had the black cross of ash on their forehead. Not sure if everybody knows why they are getting ash on their forehead but they all are doing it. Anyways as we were walking, we saw this one girl who did hers with makeup, it looked really good, but you could totally tell she had done it with her makeup. Another story was I was dreaming that I was snowboarding, then I looked down and I had no boots on just bear feet and they were freezing. When I woke up I realized that since the bed is to small for me, my feet hang of the bed and I didn't have any blankets cover them.

We had some really good lunches this week, once we went to this restaurant and had the bandeja paisa, I was stuffed afterwords. Then we had a good lunch with our mission leader, and planned the baptism for this Saturday. Two of our investigators are getting baptized, so it is pretty awesome, I'm excited for them. It has been a busy week since E. Miranda left for the office, we have been in a companionship of 3 with E. Cox. We always try to get members to go on splits with us since we still have two big areas to cover.

So on Saturday we got the phone call (we have weird ring tone for transfers) anyways I hear E. Cox say so E. Moore stays. I was like what? He was just joking, I am leaving and going to the coast to a place called Planeta Rica. My companion is E. Harbertson (gringo). So we left on a bus, and got no sleep. Traveled with E. Lopez to Medellin, we stayed in a hotel by the bus terminal, then caught the bus for our 7 hour trip to the coast. It was a long transfer. I didn't get into the apartment until after 11 pm. It is a really nice apartment with just E. Harbertson and myself.

One thing that I really like about Planeta Rica is that it is super flat. Its hot, but not that bad for this Arizona boy.

Love you all,
Elder Moore

E. Steadman and I last time together as Comps

Watched this building grow basically from the ground up

I've been her a long time to watching this being built

Bus ride to Medellin with E. Lopez

The scene from the bus, Colombia is really green and beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment